Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Balsamic Chicken Bake



I have recently discovered a love for balsamic, so when I came across this recipe while scrolling through Pinterest one evening, I had to make it!
This bake has it all: veggies, chicken, cheese, and balsamic flavor!
Best part: simple and easy! You know me, I love quick weeknight meals that do not involve a whole lot extra.


Ingredients:

  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • 4-5 garlic cloves
  • 1 cup fresh basil
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tsp. balsamic vingear
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms (I bought a small can in the veggie aisle)
  • 1 package cherry tomatoes (sliced up)
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced
  • handful of mozzarella and handful of parmesan (or to taste)

Make it:
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Brown the chicken in a pan.
  • In a blender, mix garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and water and pulse until pureed.
  • Place the browned chicken in a casserole dish and top with garlic and balsamic mixture, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes.
  • Bake about 20-25 minutes until chicken cooked throughly and dish is heated through. Top with cheese and bake for another 5 minutes or until melted (and brown if you'd like!)
  • Eat with rice and a salad on the side!!
**one thing I may try different next time is I may just try drizzling with balsamic dressing and season with garlic and top with veggies and see how that turns out... one less step! 
Recipe source.


Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today! 
Hope you have a great week!!!

xoxo


6 comments:

  1. Yum! I suddenly want a second lunch!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummY!!!!!!! Love balsamic also--- even on desserts and fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of this recipe and the flavor balsamic vinegar brings to the dish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm. This sounds so good!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute AAngle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete