Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sausage Lasagna Roll Ups



I had planned to head to the grocery store today and do some meal planning but as the day got away from me, the grocery shopping sounded less and less like something I wanted to do! So, I figured if I could throw something together for dinner with stuff that I already had, I would worry about hitting the supermarket another day. (I don't like grocery shopping as is, so any way to procrastinate going I am down for!) This recipe's inspiration started with some Bob Evan's zesty sausage (LOVE this stuff!!! Like SO good on/in/with EVERYTHING!!!) I loved that it was pretty quick and easy too!

Sausage Lasagna Roll Ups


-1 package of Bob Evan's zesty sausage
-1 box of lasagna noodles
-1 can of tomatoes with green chiles
-1 small onion
-1 package of cream cheese
-1 jar of homemade tomato juice
-parmesan cheese
-shredded sharp cheese












Make it!

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Boil water & make noodles
3. Brown sausage in pan
4. Dice onion
5. Once sausage is brown, mix together in a bowl: softened cream cheese, a cup or so of shredded sharp cheese, sausage, sprinkles of parmesan cheese, diced onion, can of tomatoes. I added some garlic powder for a additional flavor. 
6. Pour some tomato juice in bottom of casserole dish. Place mixture on cooked noodles and roll up in pan. Pour rest of tomato juice on top. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle parmesan and more shredded cheese on top, place back in oven and melt. I put mine under the broiler for a bit too, to get that crunch and cripsy on top! (YUM!)

This recipe could easily be tailored and added to or subtracted from! You could substitute a different cheese, add in some mushrooms, do chicken instead!!! Lots of possibilities!

Hope this recipe gave you some inspiration for dinner this week! :)

xoxo,







1 comment: