Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Homemade Granola Bars




Welcome, I am back at the Delicious Dish Tuesday and this week I have some awesome homemade granola bars that make the perfect snack!
These bars are gooey, chewy, and yummy!!
There is really great flavor with chocolate and peanut butter but also oats, dried fruit, and flax seed!



Ingredients:

1 cup dried oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanuts (optional)
1/4 cup dried cranberries


Make it:

Mix everything together in a large bowl really well.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Then roll in to balls or spread on to a platter to make in to bars.
If making in to bars, after I spread it on the dish I put it in the freezer for a little bit so that it would stick together better before cutting them up.
Store in an airtight container refrigerated!



Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven



The Link ups:
Full Time Mama


xoxo

6 comments:

  1. These look DELISH! I love anything with chocolate and peanut butter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound really good and I have all but one of the ingredients at home. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look sooooo good! We've been debating about making our own granola bars, especially because my husband can eat like 4 a day. This would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious girl. I can't wait to try these out. Granola bars are my favorite on-the-go breakfast. YUM! Pinning for sure; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete