After much reading on some of my other favorite blogs I decided that I need to start making some trends around here; something that you can look forward to reading about each week. My blog needs some sort of pattern and an expectation to it. So, Tuesdays are going to start becoming Recipe Days!! I love food and I love trying out new recipes! I am excited to start sharing them with you too! Also, I will be linking up with this sweet southern girl, Mary from Eat Drink & Be Mary.
To start things off: a yummy, refreshing, packed full of flavor sammy! The best thing about it: it is SO easy!!! I love easy, especially when it comes to working three nights in a row: sleep, work, eat, repeat! On those days if I love it if I don't have to put much thought in to dinner. Recipe found on Pinterest and adapted from here.
What you need:
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 packet of dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 and 1/2 cups of chicken broth or stock
- real bacon bits
- 1 bag of coleslaw mix (I used a smaller bag because it was only the 2 of us)
- Ranch dressing (to taste, approx. 1/3 cup?)
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- hamburger buns
- American cheese
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot.
- Whisk together chicken broth and dry ranch packet mix; pour over chicken.
- Dump bacon bits over chicken.
- Cook in crockpot on low for 6-8 hours; then shred chicken and stir to get all the juices incorporated.
- Mix together Ranch dressing and coleslaw mix to taste; add salt and pepper to taste (optional).
- (I toasted my bun prior to making my sandwich--- this is optional).
- Place slice of cheese on bottom bun, add shredded chicken mixture, top with Ranch slaw and Enjoy!
We had ours with some Checkers' fries (can be found in the frozen aisle at Meijer)--- SO yummy!!!
Do you have a family favorite sandwich you like to enjoy??