Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Chicken & Bacon Cheesy Pasta Bake


For this week's recipe I wanted to provide you with something that had a small ingredient list, was a quick week night meal, and easy! I found this recipe through Facebook actually. Occasionally, I will be scrolling along and come across a delicious recipe that someone shared or liked and I take a picture of with my phone so that I can save it for later (and then often, not even make it!)
This recipe stuck out to me and after a fairly busy weekend and working a busy, extra shift at work on Sunday... this was perfect to whip together for dinner.



Ingredients:

  • 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • package of bacon
  • 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1 box (16 oz) spiral pasta
  • garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste

How to:
  • Cook & crumble bacon.
  • While bacon is cooking, cut chicken in to bite-size chunks.
  • Set bacon aside.
  • Prepare pasta according to package directions.
  • Drain/dump bacon grease from pan, cook chicken in pan. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
  • Drain pasta, return to pot. Add chicken, cream of chicken cans, 1 cup of shredded cheese and some of the crumbled bacon. Stir to mix well.
  • Pour in to prepared baking dish. Top with remaining crumbled bacon and then remaining shredded cheese. 
  • Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and top is beginning to brown.





The Link ups:

Full Time Mama




4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! This looks awesome!! Cheese and bacon?!?! Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh yum! You had me at cheese and pasta!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drooling - this looks so yummy!!! This will be my next football Saturday food FOR sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks soooo good! My husband would love it!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelfiestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete