Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Skillet Chicken Parmesan


Skillet Chicken Parmesan


What you need:
  • 4 small/medium chicken breasts
  • 1 jar of sauce of your choice: marinara, tomato w/ basil, etc.
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese 
  • 4 fresh mozzarella cheese slices (or shredded if you don't have slices)
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • pasta of your choice (egg noodles, ziti, etc.)
  • 1/4 teaspoon of basil and oregano
  • can of diced tomatoes-- optional, depending on your sauce!


Make it:
  • Cook pasta according to directions.
  • Heat oil in skillet and chicken. Season to  your taste (salt, pepper, oregano, basil, garlic).  Cook only until just brown on and each side and remove from pan.
  • Let pan cool for a couple minutes and then add your sauce to the pan, being careful not to splash yourself since the pan will still be kind of hot.
  • Add parmesan to pan and stir well. Then add chicken, getting the chicken nice and nestled in the sauce.
  • Simmer chicken in sauce on med/high for approx. 10-15 minutes longer making sure that the chicken is done inside.
  • Place cheese slices or shredded cheese on top of the chicken and place pan under broiler, melting and broiling cheese.
  • Serve chicken over noodles.




Check out the link ups for some great recipes!

Full Time Mama

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a nice day!!

xoxo


7 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!!! I will need to try this! My hubby loves chicken parm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious!! I love that most of this is done in one skillet- less to clean up! :)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Delicious Dish Tuesday! Always love your tasty recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like cooking with egg noodles too! This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chicken parm - going to have to pin this recipe for future use!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious and SIMPLE. My husband is always asking for chicken parm, but the way his mom makes it (the only way I ever learned) is a lot more difficult. I'm going to have to try this out and surprise him! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love me some Chicken parm, but I've never made it myself. I'll have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete