Sunday, November 22, 2020

April-September Reads 2020

At the end of 2019/beginning of 2020 I had set a goal to read one book a month. I have always enjoyed reading, I just never made the time to do it much recently but I wanted to get back in to getting lost in a story! I had read Where the Crawdads Sing and it got me hooked on reading again. I love those books that are so good you can't put down!! Little did I know that 2020 + Covid were going to slow things down, create quarantine and all the more time to read! So far 11/12 months in and I have accomplished, and even surpassed, my goal set! Here are some reads from April- Sept!

The Alice Network
4/5 stars

A historical novel that follows two story lines that eventually merge on some common ground.
Reach for this book if you like World War reads, if you read + liked The Tattooist of Auschwitz. 
This isn't my typical genre or my usual psychological thriller but I would recommend!
 
Grab it on Amazon: here 

The Guest List
5/5 stars

The Bride. The Plus- One. The Best Man. The Wedding Planner. The Bridesmaid.
All merge together to one twisted ending.
This also isn't my typical read with having multiple viewpoints throughout but I LOVED it! 
It had juicy characters that I wanted to know more and more about! 
A page turnover that kept you on the edge of your sit right to the end!
Definitely recommend!!! This is a new release (to public in May) but I got it though my Book of the Month club. Here is a referral link if you want to join too: Book of the Month
 (Book of the month also makes a great gift idea! ;))
 Happy & You Know It
4/5 stars
 
Read this one if you like any of the Real Housewives shows as that is what it reminded me a lot of! It was a quick and easy read and you get attached to the different characters and want to know what happens!

Grab it here from: amazon.
 

 The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
5/5 stars

I lovedddd this book! I loved how it had twists and turns. I was immediately hooked on Evelyn Hugo and her story and wanted to keep going to hear more, more, more! 

 
City of Girls
4/5 stars
 
First of all, the cover of this one is gorgeous! I was really excited to read this book but I will be honest, it was a little anti-climatic at the end for me.
I did love many of the small quotes and tid bits that kind of made you think: 
"The world ain't straight. You grow up thinking things are a certain way. You think there are rules. You think there's a way that things have to be. You try to live straight. But the world doesn't care about your rules, or what you believe. The world ain't straight."


I'd love to know: What are you reading?!
Also, support your local, small book shops as much as you can right now! They need you!
Let me know if you have any questions!!!
xoxo,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment