Thursday, January 22, 2015

National Soup Month: January

image credit.


Soup is one of my favorite foods, I LOVE it, and I've said it before... 
I could quite possibly eat it every day! 
It is hearty and good for your soul! 
But, did you know that January is National Soup Month?
Makes sense, since it's a great way to warm up during these cold winter months and perfect ammo for fighting the common cold (and influenza bug) that seems to kick everyone's butt this time of year!

The people of Personal Creations blog/website have put together some great facts on soup such as, "Americans eat more than 10 billion bowls of soup every year" and "Chicken Noodle is the top rated soup according to 2,000 Americans polled". The site also has a descriptive difference between stocks and broths which I was always unsure of! 
At the end it includes tips for creating that perfect bowl of deliciousness!
You can check out the post here.

Here are three soup recipes that I have featured here on Perfectly Scrubbed that you can check out:

(this is a LOVED by all who try it!)




What is your favorite kind of soup?
I would love it if you shared your recipes too! :)

xoxo



1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I love soup - even in the summer.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete