Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Baked Ziti

Working twelve hour night shifts, and three in a row, sometimes calls for easy meals that you can just throw together. Enter: Baked Ziti. This recipe pulls inspiration from Eat, Drink, & Be Mary's recipe Spalfredo and this Pinterest pin. The addition of Alfredo sauce to this normally "red sauce" dish adds creamy, gooey deliciousness!! Sounds odd I know, but I would say... a must try!


Baked Ziti



Ingredients:

~1 box of Penne noodles (or really, any of your choice)
~1 jar of your choice of spaghetti sauce
~1 jar of Alfredo sauce
~1 lb. ground beef (or your meat of choice or none)
~1 small bag of mozzarella cheese
~1 can of sliced mushrooms
~1 small onion (chopped and diced)
~1-2 Tbsp. minced garlic (to your taste)
~Parmesan cheese to taste

Make it:

~Cook noodles as directed on box, al dente.
~Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
~Saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic in medium to large sized skillet
~Add in ground beef to skillet and cook until browned.
~Add spaghetti sauce to meat mixture and stir well to mix.
~Drain noodles and add to a 9x13 inch baking dish. 
~Pour on the Alfredo sauce and mix well with the noodles.
~Pour the meat/sauce mixture on top of the noodles and Alfredo sauce.
~Sprinkle with Parmesan to taste.
~Cover mixture with mozzarella cheese.
~Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top!





(Sorry for the quality of pictures or lack there of some. 
Sometimes working nights does weird things to you and forget things very easily, like a picture of how it looks on your plate!)



The Link ups:
Full Time Mama


Check out the links above for more yummy recipes!
Thanks for stopping by today!

xoxo






10 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! Unfortunately, I'm dairy free right now because I am breastfeeding and my daughter is allergic, but I will definitely put this on the list of "must try" when I'm no longer nursing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet this tasted amazing! I like that you mixed alfredo and spaghetti sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks absolutely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm this looks so good! Love any quick, easy week night dinners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ziti is so good! I'll have to try this!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like cheesy heaven! I've never made baked ziti before, but I'll be giving this one a try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why must you temp me!! Why?!! *Tears* Haha! Looks so good. I'll have to remember this on a pre-race carb load.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yumm, this sounds so good! I haven't made Baked Ziti in a long time, I forgot how much I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alfredo makes EVERYTHING better!! My middle son doesn't like red sauce much and usually asks me to make Alfredo for him when I make red sauce, but I wonder if I mixed them if he'd like it better? Must try! Thanks for the idea! :)
    AND, thank you for linking up with us at Delicious Dish Tuesday again!

    ReplyDelete